Sunday, June 12, 2011

Eating alone in a resteraunt

I don't really know anyone in Norwalk, and I didn't feel like cooking again, so I went out to eat. There was this place called Black Bear, which seemed to have sandwiches and stuff, so I went there. When I got in, the waitress was already feeling awkward as she asked if it was just me. I said yes, and she brought me to a table and asked for my drink. Then for the rest of the time, it seemed like she was avoiding me. I folded up my menu and placed it off the end of the table, and she walked by it at least twice, before asking "need a couple minutes?" I quickly replied no, and gave my order. It was just a sandwich, which she seemed to not like.
Perhaps she was just angry that she would not get a great tip, because the order was small, but its not like I was taking away business, it wasn't crowded or anything. And my order was easy, and I ate fast (because when you have no one to talk to, you tend to get the job done faster), so she should have had no complaint.
So I spent a lot of time texting, and FB messaging, and it would have been a pretty decent dinner, if it wasn't for the awkwardness exuded from the waitress.

No comments:

Post a Comment