Friday, November 26, 2010

Certainty

I recently tried to dissect why certain people annoy me. The reason I found was continuous unjustified certainty. This group of people says whatever they are thinking as if it was absolute truth, and they do it a lot. This may be in part because they are yearning for a conversational fight.
I also noticed when proven wrong (like by a quick google search) they are annoyed that you "went through the trouble" of the google search to add actual facts into the conversation. I think that these people are somewhat educated, and mildy informed (ie watches the news from time to time) which leads them to believe they have significant knowledge on almost every subject. The last thing I noticed was the important fact that they feel the need to assert their points LOUDLY, which might be the most annoying part of it all.
Well sorry to those of you who have these people in your life (or are one).

No comments:

Post a Comment