Friday, December 19, 2014

The power of Music

Music is completely amazing. I don't know if it is for everyone, but for me it has super powers. It can completely change my mood (for the better). The kind of music I listen to is typically high energy, and it really pumps me up.
I was feeling a bit down for a while because I was dating someone and it didn't work out. But today on the way home from work I decided to listen to one of my favorite albums of all time: Heavenly - Dust to Dust. And my god is that an amazing album. Half way through I was mouthing the lyrics, rockin out to the guitar and everything, while still on the subway. Just feeling the energy makes me so happy, I can't even describe it. To anyone who has not heard the album, go listen to it, right now. Crank up the volume and just bask in it's glory.
I don't even usually consider them one of my favorite artists, but man oh man, I feel great. And just knowing I can feel this good without anyone by my side is pretty empowering. Even for just the 50 or so minutes it lasts, I can forget the constant societal pressure to have a significant other. I can live life to the absolute fullest.
I sincerely hope everyone has something like this they can fall back on. Whether it is music, a hobby, or a movie, anything that let's you feel amazing, without the need of another person. It puts things into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment