Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Shopping

Today I got a glimpse into why women like shopping. I went to the grocery store for snacks and chicken fries. I didn't care what kind of snack, could be chocolate chip cookies, nilla wafers, oreos, cheeze-its, whatever. I went down the snack isle, and saw double stuffed oroes, half off. So I got something I already wanted for less, and that is awesome.
I could correlate this to clothes shopping, if a girl goes into a mall wanting a shirt, and ends up finding one on sale, that's a good feeling. But I still don't condone shopping for no purpose.
AND, while at the store I heard a young African-American's thoughts on what is crazy about America. He said "You know what I don't get, what I really don't get? There are people starving in America." At this point, I am thinking, yeah, this guy has some depth, he is thinking about how we need to spread the wealth, and help those in need instead of hording money in the 1%, I can get where he is coming from.
But then, he continued with "There are deer and things just running around in the woods for free!"
And I cold barely contain myself from bursting out laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment